I have a 2003 chevy trailblazer. I reset the keyless remote and now it locks the doors, but the rear hatch door will not lock. I hear the lock power but will not lock. I have checked all of the fuses and relays and they are good. any suggestions to fix this?

20

Asked by Jan 27, 2015 at 08:25 AM about the 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS

I reset the keyless entry pods and the doors now respond to the keyless entry pod. The rear hatch however does not respond and lock or unlock. I can hear the actuator make noise but the lock will not operate. Any suggestions?

11,135

It sounds like the issue is not with your key-less remote or a power/fuse issue, but more like a mechanical issue with the locking mechanism itself. Try spraying WD-40 or similar into the locking mechanism and see if it frees it up.

66,045

If that doesn't work, remove the interior door panel and look for a small metal rod that has fallen off. Sometimes the rod that connects the actuator to the latch falls off due to a broken or worn out plastic retaining clip. HTH. -Jim