I have a 2003 chevy cavalier and the transmission was fine when I went to store,came out and it would not go,guy who fixed it said the clip on the shift cable broke and put a new clip on,does this sound wright?I don't see a clip,or clamp that holds shift cable in place,I know they can break but that is cable not a clip,or clamp,any help

am91zx
0

Asked by Nov 27, 2012 at 07:06 PM about the 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS

Have a 2003 chevy cavalier and transmission was fine came out of store and would not move,guy who fixed it said the shift cable clip,or clamp broke,said he put a new clip or clamp on same shift cable,I know cable can break but don't see where a clip or clamp goes,does this sound wright?

joef
5,595

Yes! He is right.. There were clips used, you probably just can't see it.

28,995

And yes those clips breaking are common.

homeboymi
625

Read this post and I think you will get the idea. How To Repair My Shifter Linkage?

homeboymi
625

These bushings are made of plastic and they fall apart as they age. I tried making my own out of half inch dowels. I sawed off about a quarter of an inch and drilled a hole in the center. Worked for awhile. Then I discovered that if you take a one inch section for fuel hose and slide it over the stud it will hold the linkage on. Works for me and it is definately a DIY.