I have a 2004 Chevy Cavalier Can the 15 amp fuse cause a drop in fuel pressure and the car to sputter and not start? When replace fuse starts right up. Is a $1.00 piece my problem?

Asked by Mar 15, 2014 at 09:47 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier

I had drove my car ALL day.  when I stopped to go into a store  it wouldn't start. Had
the car towed and was told the fuel pressure is low.  I had to wait till pay day for extra
dough and asked if they could wait till Monday to fix it. Went to check on car decided
to check and replace fuse and it started right up. I don't think he would have fixed the
car after asked to wait.  Can the 15 amp fuse cause a drop in fuel pressure and the car
to sputter and not start?  When replace fuse starts right up.  Is a $1.00 piece my
problem?  Or am I looking at a $400 job.  There is like 3 questions in one here.  (
smile) thanks!

19,075

check the fuel filter under car chassis, if plugged to almost max will restrict flow and line drop will occur, fooling the ace mechanic , so in this case its only a five dollar fix not bad.

330

7Jimm7 is right! Its either fuel filter clogged. Or fuel pump could be dying or if fuse for fuel pump was blown causing pump to not work at all.