where is the dip stck fo the transmisson at

Asked by Carmenia Mar 03, 2010 at 05:17 AM about the 1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 280 Sedan

I just got this car and i can not find the dip stick to read the transmission fluid. The car was sitting for 2 years, so i amtrying to check all the fluids and make sure that everthing is ok.

325

The dipstick tube is on the right side of the engine compartment at the back, however there is no dipstick! You need a special tool to check the fluid level. There is a dimension in millimeters that you can use on a length of plastic rod, but the number escapes me right now. You'll also need a replacement tube cap seal when you're done. Hope that helps...

11,835

The dip stick tube is on the right side of the engine, but it is sealed and there is no dip stick depending on what year your car is and the type of transmission it's using. The 722.6... series. transmission is computer controlled and sealed. ( Mercedes claim you don't need to service this transmission for the life of the car, but almost everyone change the filter and fluid at 50,000miles) You'll have to buy the dipstick as a special tool from the dealer, you'll also need a inra red temperature gauge while refilling the transmission to the correct level. If the fluid is not at the right temp then you won't get the fluid to the right level.

275

i have a 1995 c280 and the dip stick is up close to the firewall at the rear of the engine on the passenger side

60

I think car manufacturers are finding ways to control the market and stop people from fixing their own cars without much added expense. I have a Mercedes with all that added on crap i don't even use nor needed in the distant past and now there is no room for the battery as it is in the trunk, Easy to service ,especially when loaded down for a vacation. People should keep the cars they have and quit buying new ones...

200

I have a 2004 kompressor c230 and I just realized that I have no transmission dip stick. Wow reading everyone's really made me realize that these cars are mos def complicated at most. I'm not exactly sure on how to proceed. I am a woman that is semi experienced in small repairs but foreign cars is the difficulties. My Benz is running like crap and

30

i just do not know what to do. it used to shift, now just first gear works.. I have a 2004 C240

45

I thought opening up the hood voided the warranty? I'm so just messin' round, however this was a response given a friend of mine who drives a tow truck from a lady who never checked the oil in her car, lmao!