My Mercedes 1991 560sel is having problems, yesterday it has hard time starting, then today it won't run at all. It seems like there no fuel is going into the engine.

Asked by Jul 12, 2013 at 09:20 PM about the 1991 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class 4 Dr 560SEL Sedan

19,715

Have you kept up on the (expensive) maintenance? Do you have a very good Mercedes garage with a very good Mercedes mechanic? Do you think that Valhalla is where people go when they die? If the answers to these questions are NO, NO, & NO you are in trouble- you can not own a 20 year old Mercedes 560 and just drive it until something goes wrong- that's not how it works with these cars- having said all that, maybe you'll get lucky and it's just a fuel pump or somethin'

FOR ANY CAR, YOU NEED TO MAINTAIN PROPER MAINTENANCE PER DATE OR PER MILES, THEY GO WELL TOGETHER, IF YOU DON'T DRIVE MUCH THEN WILL BE THE TIME, IF YOU DRIVE A LOT THEN THE MILAGE, NEED TO CHECK THE FLUID ON REGULAR BASIS, BELTS, BATTERY AND ON AND ON, THEN YOU CAR WILL NOT DISAPPOINT YOU... COULD BE OIL LEAK, SPARKS ... PROFESSIONAL MECHANIC WILL BE BEST CHOICE... GUESSING WILL NOT HELP, BUT IT MIGHT CREAT MORE DAMGES.

1,435

Find a mechanic who is familiar with these cars when they were new. Having owned a 560SEL I would check the cold start valve if the car tries to start but doesn't.

35

Check the computer over voltage relay fuse. if the care was recently jump started this fuse will blow to protect the computer. the car will run with out a computer but will be hard to start and run poorly.

15

FPR (Fuel Pump Relay). $35.00 Worst case scenario, you have a new fuel pump relay. And check the overcharge protector relay, 10a fuse.