2004 Chevy Classic (Malibu) Problems with stalling.

Asked by Oct 07, 2013 at 04:54 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Classic 4 Dr STD Sedan

I have a 2004 Chevy Classic (Malibu). One day it ran great as usual, but when I came to my 1st stop (and left turn at the light) after being on the freeway, it stalled out.  No check engine light.  Just red oil and battery icons light up.  I tried to re-start it, no luck. I let it sit (in traffic!) for 2 minutes.  Cranked it up again,and it started. I was able to turn into the driveway, when it stalled again.  Tried 4 times to start it up, no luck again. Let it sit for 2 minutes (again) and it started.  Now, my b/f repleaced the fuel pump replaced about 1.5 years ago. He does all my tune-ups.  Also, it's a 4 cyl, and when i turn on the AC, it shutters for a little bit, but that's it. I had the AC on when this happened.  My b/f  (who's been working on cars for 30 years) says just don't run the AC.  He doesn't even want to look at it, but he fixes his OWN car!  After promising me along time ago that I'd never have to worry about my car ever again.   So now, I have to troubleshoot by myself.  

Does anyone have any idea as to what it may be?  I was told I can't find out what it is because there's no check engine light to check any codes.  Money is scarce and since I take my little girl to and from places, I want a safe car.

8,175

Since it seems to happen on turn/stop combinations, maybe a fuel gauge not reading correctly (shows more fuel than what's in the tank)? Usually caused by a bad sending unit in the tank.

10

Ever find out what happened to it? And the solution?? I'm having the same problem