2004 chevy classic Stalling

Asked by Jan 12, 2015 at 06:03 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Classic 4 Dr STD Sedan

My 2004 classic stalled on me twice in one day. It has stalled only once last week.
For a while now the rpms will rise by them self when I am at a stop in Drive. The rpms
will go from 6/700 to about 1500 then slowly back down, sometimes staying at
1000rpms. This will some times happen while I am in park. On colder mornings and
afternoons when it is below zero the car starts at 1500pms. I dont know if this matters
or not but when I am stopped at a light and the car revs the car will lunge forward and
the car will some times rev high when I turn on the defrost. Today I stopped at the
mailbox and put the car into park it died. Then I started the car, I was almost in front of
my home when the car died while in Drive. I tried to start it and it would not. The
battery light and and the engine oil pressure light came on. This is a first. I let the car
sit for 10/15 minuets then it started right back up.

I wish I had an answer, but I am fairly car-illiterate. However, I can say that my '04 Classic did almost the same thing this winter. The RMP were up over 3000 a couple times both in drive and park. Was idling at 30+mph for more than a mile at one point!?! My car also dropped out and died a couple times during those same episodes; but thankfully I was able to restart right away. Any input on this topic would be greatly appreciated!!

10

I hate to be a troll and not actually answer your question. BUT my 04 classic is doing 100% the exact same thing Shawna. Did you ever get it fixed and what was wrong?

10

Did you ever fix the problem? Mine is doing the exact same thing dx