has the chevy malibu classic model has a problem with its struts?

45

Asked by Oct 31, 2007 at 11:15 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Classic 4 Dr STD Sedan

I bought this Chevy Malibu classic 2005, I have 60000 miles on it. I heard some cracking noise beneath the front passenger side. I took it to the dealership. They quoted me a price of over $400.00 to fix it. I tried to shop around and took it to NTB center. What they told me was that they cant get the parts because GM has not release the parts into the market since GM has identified that issue as a problem it is facing and even if they can fix it. They have to get the parts from GM. My question is, has GM made any recalls either silent or major that car? if they have not how do I get the GM involve in fixing this issue.

43,555

I would call a GM dealership and ask them if there have been any recalls issued. They can do this in their computer. Call one besides the one you used for the quote, just in case they are trying to soak you on a repair. That said, there is no way that an almost 3-year old car will have the struts warranteed at 60k miles. Struts are considered a wear item like shock absorbers and typically 30-50k miles is the max expected life of most struts anyway. I'm surprised an aftermarket company doesn't make the struts. Call Advance Auto Parts or Autozone, or check their website, and see if you can't get struts by Monroe or another reputable company.

75

You probably have this issue already taken care of, but I know for a fact that NAPA has struts for this car.

45

Did you wreck it yourself?? Just asking.////