new model

Asked by Sep 25, 2008 at 02:59 PM about the 1998 Toyota Supra 2 Dr Turbo Hatchback

is the new toyota supra on the way?

105

i have to say, that is the million dollar question. toyota has made many concepts, but has yet to make one. most recently,they claimed one that was going to be a supercar replacement, much like the lexus la-f , but even that is in question as far as production goes...

35

If you mean the FT-HS, they canned the concept. As for the LF-A, it's on hold. Only thing you have is a RWD boxer engine-powered 2 dr coupe made by Toyota and Subaru. (It'll be released as Subaru here in the states though.)

375

They have been floating around the idea of releasing something based on the ae86 platform which was the rear wheel drived 2 dr corollas in the 80s that is what I heard anyways

75

yes it will be out around 09 it is vert boxy looking kinda like an 89 supra but modern you know,

105

yea, i was meaning the lf-a. i wasnt sure that they just put it on hold, bc at one point i think it was up in the air as far as production goes. thats the last i heard, but i hope they do get to it

35

Ah ok.. Yeah... I hope they come out with it... When I got my IS350, I talked to the manager at the dealership and asked him about the LF-A. He said that Lexus is shifting their plans to incorporate more hybrids and told me not to get my hopes up for the LF-A.

105

lol. but on the same note, oh so sad