supra

45

Asked by Aug 29, 2008 at 07:16 PM about the 1998 Toyota Supra 2 Dr Turbo Hatchback

when is the new supra coming out

35

Unfortunately the new Supra scheduled to come out, has been canned. The news was announced only a couple of weeks ago. When they made the news, they showed a picture of the FT-HS, the presumed successor, so it'll probably not come out. Also, when I spoke with the local Lexus dealer, he told me that the LF-A (the high-end luxury supercar that has also been dubbed the new Supra) has a cloudy future, meaning that it may or may not come out. Lexus and Toyota are currently shifting towards the Hybrid line of cars to satisfy consumer demand... However, Toyota and Subaru do plan on making a joint RWD sports coupe powered by the boxer engine that is scheduled to be released in 2011. It won't be really powerful, and it will be badged as a Subaru outside of Japan. (Japan has it under the Toyota name.)

It's not as of now the Supra is in limbo (shelved) it might be decided in 5 to 10 years if it will return same with the Celica. Toyota has completely cut off their sports car division to focus on economical cars and hybrids. As of now the sportiest Toyota you can get is the Scion brand like the Scion tC (in japan it stands for toyotaCelica). But the AWD/RWD joint project from Subaru and Toyota is most likey to be the new Toyota Celica GT-Four(in japan) and the new Subaru Impreza WRX STi (in the USA). I personally think that the halt on the Supra was premature and should have never happened, if Toyota would have waiting just a few more years until the Fast and The Furious movie came out Supras would have been flying off the lots like crazy cause that movie made the Supra internationally known and nowadays its HIGHLY popular and in demand!