Toyota supra

Asked by Apr 04, 2016 at 04:11 PM about the 1991 Toyota Supra 2 Dr Turbo Hatchback

I'm not a car expert by any means. I don't know
much about cars or how to perform maintenance on
them. I currently drive a Toyota Corolla. I take it to
the dealer for all maintenance and servicing.
However I've been looking into the supra. Wanted
something fast and good looking. Would a car like
that be too much for someone like me? What kinds
of thing does a supra require to stay i'm good
working order. Is it durable.

27,075

anything is safe if you can keep it in controlllll...to keep it in good shape ..service it as recomended

30

3rd Gen supras are robust cars. The only flaw that you should ever worry about in the time owning this car is the potential head gasket that may be blown in a stock motor (an engine that hasn't been modified). If that's the case, you will be spending thousands to have someone fix it (or a lot of labor and time for you to fix it if you know how). Besides that ticking mile bomb, everything is awesome. You can have the leather spec car with a turbo on top of an auto or manual transmission. The interior is an absolute comfort. I can't get uncomfortable in that car because of the way you can adjust the seat. The power and the amount of speed you can get is enough to have some fun acceleration on a straight road. I like to classify "sports" cars like this: Do you want a car that is luxurious with some sport? or Do you want a car that is sporty with some luxury? The car that is luxurious with some sport is the 3rd generation Toyota Supra (1986-1992). The 4th generation Supra I classify this as the car with a lot of sport and some luxury.

Best Answer Mark helpful

One more question. As a daily driver, is this car obnoxiously loud? OP

30

Mine is a daily driver and I drive it to school everyday. The exhaust sound is on the quiet side. While driving on the inside, the exhaust is unnoticeable since everything is stock on my car. The only noticeable noise is the engine and that too is on the high end of quiet.