Heating Blower Problem

10

Asked by Oct 20, 2011 at 11:03 AM about the 1992 Toyota Previa 3 Dr LE Passenger Van

My front blower works only at times. Sometimes when I move the blower switch, it does not blow at all. At other times it will blow nicde hot air but eventually it slows and then stops. I assume the blower needs replacement. Can someone confirm this for me? Addionally, the rear blower blows fine, but no hot air at all just cold. Can someone also tell me what needs to be done for the rear blower. Thank You So Much.

65

see if it has a good grind

20

ignition switch ( intermittent ? ) powers 40 amp circuit breaker - to high and low fan relays

10

I have had a problem with the Ignition Switch in the past, so my Mechanic installed a bypass starter switch. Now when I want to start the car, I turn the key to the accessory position and then press the button he installed and the car starts. You see, in the past he could not find out why the car would not start at times and he determined it had something to do with the ignition switch, and that is why he installed the button. It worked and I never had a problem starting again. This was over a year ago, and during that time the Blower worked. Now my question to you is, do you think the blower problem is the ignition switch ? What do you suggest now that you have more info.

20

my 1992 previa fans are intermittent : whether ignition key is in . . . or out ! ( sometimes my windshield washer button - if pushed - turns fans on ! ) if part of any switch is bad , suspect other parts , too - on principle ; btw - getting the bloody switch out ? is no picnic , mate : 2 bolts that hold the key assembly to the steering column , have the heads broken off at the factory ( security , probably ) : drilling them out is one ugly option ; relays in the dashboard box do wear out , so swapping same size relays is a useful test but new relays are best solution ;

20

my 1998 tacoma blower motor was failing intermittently and a new toyota fan assembly did fix the problem ; ,