COIL CHECK... ALL that I am asking is there a different way to test a coil other than the two nuts on the coil inside the distributor. DO I NEED TO TURN THE CAR OVER ETC ???

Asked by Nov 13, 2013 at 06:53 PM about the 1995 Toyota Paseo 2 Dr STD Coupe

PLUGS ROTOR CAP NEW... WIRES
FAIRLY NEW...BATTERY IS GOOD... the
battery is at 11.88( because I've been
cranking the car checking for fuel
pressure spark arc etc) coil reads
11.67 on both wires inside the
distributor.

125

your going at it from the wrong angle ^_^ to test a coil you need to check for resistance not electronic current "TAKE OFF YOUR COIL AND CHECK THE RESISTANCE THEN MATCH YOUR READINGS BASED ON YOUR MANUFACTURES SPECS" ALLDATA* is your best freind ^_^ #rule number one is to never test any electrical unless battery is equal to or greater than 75% charged (which is 11.75V) Your battery was probably able to show 11.88 but with a load and depending on temperuture it may drop drastically personaly i would hook up my battery to a float charger unless it really needs more juice, then i would use a more extreme and effective charging equipment

Best Answer Mark helpful