why wont my car start

25

Asked by Mar 03, 2008 at 05:48 PM about the 1992 Toyota Paseo 2 Dr STD Coupe

my car had a terrible squeaky belt, but it stopped one night then 10 mins after my battery light came on and my entire console light became dimmer, then the next day it wouldent start to i jumped it and everything seemed fine untill my battery light came on and my rpm metre started jumping in corespondence to my left indicator, now today i tryed to recharge my battery and it did'nt help, my engine doesnt sound like it will turn over. i also found a whell in the engine that has no belt attacted to it and there doesnt seem to be any other whell with no belt, it is located under my power steering component and belt

47,635

Sounds as though your belt slipped, broke, and came off, causing your alternator not to charge the battery and in turn causing the battery to die. The battery must have been low enough that it won't accept a charge now. You'll likely need a new belt and a new battery and you should be back on the road.