cranks but wont start

20

Asked by Oct 23, 2011 at 08:00 PM about the 2000 Toyota Celica GT

I tried starting fluid and it wont even start on it it seems to not be getting fire.the car
has been wrecked and the guy I bought it from said he thought it could be the anti
theft.O really dont know at this point if any one can help Thanks

205

Start by checking the basics: - Do you have spark? If not, follow the trailbackwards through the ignition system. - Do you have fuel? If not, same procedure. - If both spark and fuel are present, you need to check if there is compression. Then report back.

20

will not start on stating fluild no spark or fuel

205

It`s unlikely that you are missing both spark and fuel. Get your hands in there and find out! ;)

20

I know for sure no spark and you cant hear the fuel pump kick on A freind of mine put it on a scanner today and it said they were no conikation sp with the pcm

205

No communication with PCM can mean so many things. It might be time to take it to the dealer. But first search for message boards for that particular car and see if anyone has experience the same symptoms.

Harness interuption is possible if car was hit hard in the nose. Disconnected groundwires can give the no communication code. Was the car apart if so how deep? The ecm is located center console just under the heater box check connectors,.are plugged in fully and use a test light to ensure you even have power to it. Computers work or they dont,in 30 years ive only seen two where spark, or fuel pump components fail. Look at a fuse eng,or inj in fusebox in car and under hood. Wiring damage sounds likely. You can also pull up wiring diagrams online. Also check compression if the top end doesnt move no spark will be generated. If belt is broken no worries its NON interference. Hope that gives you some ideas. Hit me up if you need more ideas. Dont buy parts till youre sure of the problem expensive and frustation will be a guarantee to spoil a car that is alot of fun to drive.

20

no fuel coming out of the injector