THE CAR CRANKS BUT WON'T START

25

Asked by Apr 01, 2008 at 08:36 PM about the 1984 Toyota Celica GT Coupe

I WAS DRIVING AND SUDDENLY I LOS POWER ... I PRESS THE GAS PEDAL BUT THE CAR WILL NOT RESPOND ..AND IT SLOWLY WENT TO A TOTAL HALT.
I HAVE REPLACE THE SPARK PLUG AND THE WIRES.. BUT NOTHING IT STILL NOT STARTING

several things bad throtle position sensor,bad crank sensor,bad fuel pump,pick up in disturber.

49,065

Sounds like fuel pump to me.

115

Go to your parts store,buy a can of carb cleaner,\.Remove your air cleaner "follow from the air filter to the throtle body spray the cleaner after crank it giving a little gas...if it starts you gotta fuel problem.

25

could be your head gasket. check for leaks etc and check oil and water. hope there's no whiticsh gunk under oil cap. if i'm wrong you should be able to fix it easy. if i'm right get a new motor

3,815

Sound Ike alt went out Battery drain at the time. No juice from battery now

70

I have an identical issue... I was out last night and my altinator went out so i replaced it... I started it up and drove to auto zone and my fule pump cut out then picked back up then the car died i replaced the fuel pump and sprayed brake cleaner in the intake because it works the same as starting fluid and it cranks but WILL NOT START. so i checked the rotor checked for spark and both were good... I also changed the fuse but not the relay i put plugs in 2 weeks ago... I need help before i send it to scrap yard

10

My car has a alarm that if the battery went dead it would not start my car I took out the alarm and bypassed and now I have a toggle button my car will crank but not start the battery was completely dead .I'm chargen my battery my thought is since my battery was dead for 3 days it might have drained the power on my alternator if I have a fully charged battery and get a jump start will my car run

10

I'm asking you for the answer

20

I have a Toyota celica 1995 gt. It was driving perfeCT suddenly I looked rpms went to zero wouldn't turn over but has battery juice