I have a 1998 Toyota celica, it just started blowing oil everywhere, can't keep oil in it. what might be the problem please

Asked by Dec 29, 2013 at 03:21 PM about the 1998 Toyota Celica GT Convertible

I haven't had this car very long, maybe 2 nonths, I noticed the other day after driving about 40 miles car smelled hot, checked the oil, there was none, and I had just put oil in it. So,oddly, it only tool 2 quarts toi fill it, it holds four quarts.Oil is everywhere under the hood. please help, afraid I may have paid 4,000 for a bad car.

110,065

Inspect engine for location of the leak. I would suspect valve cover gaskets. Most leaks are not all that major of an issue they just need to be located and repaired. Also inspect pcv valve if it is stuck closed it could cause to much pressure in the engine and this will cause oil to be blown out of areas(small leaks) that would have otherwise not been an issue.

Good call dandyoun. Second opinion form here is same.

Just to elaborate a little, the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) is the blow-by from normal running of the engine will pressurize the crankcase if not ventilated. The PVC draws air from crankcase from intake manifold vacuum and re-burns it through the plenum and out the exhaust. If the PVC valve is stuck closed the crankcase is pressurized and will, as dandyoun said, blow oil out the least resistance ...everywhere.