Why suddenly my car shaking and stops

Asked by Dec 12, 2014 at 12:04 AM about the 2002 Toyota Camry LE V6

My Toyota thinks that it doesn't have gas and stars shaking and then stops

how do you know that? lol

David Morris

Your Toyota is just doing "The Harlem Shake" and gettin' its 4 wheeled groove on!!

it doesnt think its out of gas...i dont think. sounds like your fuel.filter(s) may be clogges or fuel pump is going out. need more details. does it do it idleing? under a load? ??

Best Answer

No it also some times smells like gas when it's not completely full. It has happen when I had half tank gas in rhe middle if street stops and won't. Run !

well the fuel pump is under the seat in the back on drivers side if im not mistaken. if there is a hole in one of the fuel lines it wont run and youll smell gass. also if your filter is clogged (along one of the side rails of car under one of the doors) the car may overcompensate for the clog and pump too much fuel. orrrr thr blockage has caused pressure in the line to become great enough it ruptured a fuel line somewhere. hope that helps.

Thanks you've been really helpful now can you recommend professional and honest mechanics In tTexas

Try removing your gas cap and see if the car starts to run better. If it does, that means that your car trouble is coming from your EVAP system. This is the vapor recovery system for your gas tank. If you have a plugged line, it will start a vacuum and starve your engine of fuel. If no change by removing the gas cap, open your hood and see if you can figure out if the gas smell is coming from under the hood, or from the rear of your car. Since you live in Texas, I doubt that you have a rusted out gas line with a hole. That's an east coast problem. Which I have been through many times. If the gas smell is coming from underneath your hood, you may have a leaky fuel injector. If you are losing gas from a damaged gas line, you would see a huge puddle from underneath the car. You would be amazed at how much gas can leak from a fuel line, and the car will still run.

you dont need a mechanic. you can do it.