I have 1998 Toyota camry.... While changing the fuze i accidentally ripped of one red wire.... Now the car is not starting.... No crank no start... All other functions are working i.e. lights,stereo

Asked by Nov 16, 2015 at 11:34 PM about the 1998 Toyota Camry LE

I have 1998 Toyota camry.... While changing the fuze i accidentally ripped of
one red wire.... Now the car is not starting.... No crank no start... All other
functions are working i.e. lights, backlight, stereo etc. But the car won't crank.

79,305

Well the wire needs to be repaired. Soldered, crimped or spliced depending on exactly what damage was done. If you can't do it, anyone that has some basic electrical experience can do it for you.

I can do this but i do not know where i need to connect it.... Is there a wiring diagram or something i can get to know where to attach that wire...

Please find attached pics.... The wire is a Red wire with a fuze on it and then it has a little black wire....

This is a red wire which got pulled out when i was changing the fuze on my 1998 Toyota camry. The fuze box is under the steering wheel towards the driver door. The issue is that i do not know where this need to go.... Where does this need to be reattached. This red wire has a one inch blue fuze attached to it and has a black wire on the other side of the fuze.

Does you vehicle have any AFTERMARKET accessories installed?

yes... it has remote car starter

You might have accidently pulled on the power feed wire for that system. Use a 12 volt test light or a DVOM and see if there is voltage on that red wire. If there is no voltage, we need to apply battery voltage to that red wire ...then see if the problem goes away. There should be a place on or near that fuse block that has 12 volts. Use your 12v test light to locate that place to insert that red wire.

I was able to connect the wire and I see voltage on the remote starter module...... But still the car wont crank.... Could it be possible that while checking for all the fuzes.... I may have put one wrong or something else? I am stuck because the car will not start with the car keys as well.... Forget the remote starter.... I would be happy if my car starts manually with keys.

Upon taking a second look at you pictures...I see that the BLACK wire is disconnected. The RED wire seems to be connected. If this is the case...you should have 12v on the black wire. So.. the question is....where does the BLACK wire attach to? Am I correct? BTW...where were you checking fuses on this vehicle?

ALSO.....WHY were you checking fuses in the first place?

The fuze in under the steering.. more towards the door... My dashboard backlight were not working.... Found one bad fuze and replaced it... Backlights working now... But car won't start..

OK...so...we are still looking for the correct place to plug in the BLACK wire. If this is correct...you are correct...we need a wiring diagram for the cranking circuit on this vehicle. Absent a wiring diagram.....about the only other thing you can do is to check fuses in other places. Under hood....Passenger side and driver side kick panels. I wonder why your back panel fuse blew?

2,170

dines....did you ever resolve the issue with this vehicle?