I have a 94 Toyota Camry that won't start. It will not turn over and does not click. No power to the starter but power to the dash lights. I replaced the starter and that didn't help.. Does anyone ha

240

Asked by Mar 02, 2015 at 02:04 AM about the 1993 Toyota Camry LE

I have a 93 Toyota Camry that won't start. It will not turn over and does not click. No
power to the starter but power to
the dash lights. I replaced the starter and starer relay and igntion switch.at the last i give
power from battery + to the starer solenoid the car able to starting. but no starting from
the ignation key,  that didn't help.. Does anyone have any idea where to go from here?

37,415

Try swapping out your distributor with one from a salvage yard. I have have two toyotas with the same issue. Pickups in the bottom of the distributor are bad. Mine would start fine one day, then if I went to the store and shut if off, nothing. No click, just dead. Wait 15 mins, and it would start up again. Then 15 mins turned into hours.

37,415

Before you spend money on a distributor, try starting the car in the N position. Also try holding the key to the ON position and move the shifter through the gears. It may just catch. You could have a bad neutral safety switch. I forgot to mention that also. Check out this helpful video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpPOcO6f798

240

Thank you so much .I really appreciate for the supporting videos and answers .finally I found the problem on solenoid wire was short Sercuit on the middle .

37,415

Anytime! Nice job on finding the issue!

My son's car would not start intermittently.. Relay good. Mechanics changed atarter, neutral switch. Don't know what they billed my ex for the privilege. He moved the tilt wheel and it wouldn't start. AH HA! If in his preferred position, the car will not start. Move it to a lower position and all is well. Yes it could be that simple/stupid.