Power windows don't work one day they were fine and next day nothing

35

Asked by May 28, 2015 at 11:44 AM about the 2005 Toyota Avalon Touring

I have  2005 Toyota Avalon and the power windows will not go down. None of them front or rear. Drivers switch or individual on each door, nothing. I have made sure they are not locked from driver door control. If you say fuses, please tell me where the fuse is and a crash-course in changing fuse. I have never done that before, or is it the switch or something else? Everything else works fine. Or is this something I should not attempt by myself and take to dealer. Thank You :)

Its not fuses. I looked at owners manual and there are separate fuses for each rear window and front, and 'memory' (whatever that means I know Toyotas but not all those special bells-and-whistles on an Avalon, the highest end Toyota one baby step from a Lexus). Maybe switch assembly, or look at where wires enter door from chassis, See if any are frayed, in a 10 year old car and thousands upon thousands of open/close can wear on them. If you have the money take it to a shop, preferably an auto electrician or dealer.

You can go to this link and enter your VIN. There is a forum there, after you register click 'Ask an owner.' and ask there also. They have guys there know their stuff, and you also can see all your service records, and more. They know much ore about the Avalon that I do...matter of fact so do plenty of guys here. Maybe somebody will have a better answer. http://www.toyota.com/owners/login

35

I can see an accordion sort of thing a rubber hose that goes from door to in car. I understand that I think, that is where the wires are inside to connect door stuff wires to car for power? I pulled on it and it does not move much and looks good and really don't think I should try to take it off to look at wires. I am in over my head with that. I know how to check the oil my husband made sure of that but just about nothing else about cars. He is gone a lot like now.

Take it to dealer or auto electrician. I know, easy for me to say, not my money. Unless you hubby is good with these things and won't be gone a long time. If you don't have the money right now, and hubby will be gone for a while longer or does not know about this stuff, sorry Tammy I don't know what else to say. I feel bad because I'm saying if you can't afford it live with it. But if A/C works and rest of HVAC it is tolerable.

160

I have a 1997 Avalon. The front passenger window will not go down. Icould not find fuses.Any ideas

130

I had replaced my car battery in a 2011 toyato Avalon and now my rear windows doesn't go down from the driver's side control panel but my front onoes do.

50

This happened to me, after the battery was recently disconnected. Solution: with the ignition on the 'On' -- not running position, press and hold down the drivers window button until it is fully open. Then, press and hold up until it is fully closed -- and continue hold the button in the Up position for 2 full seconds. Repeat the process on each door's window button (not from the drivers control panel). Now, the drivers panel should be able to operate all the windows.

10

My 2011 had the same problem. the fix worked. Thanks

This worked! Crucial points are to put the ingnition on the On position (not running) and to do the reset at each individual window, not from the driver's window control panel. Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom!