hey guys, i bought a subaru svx 1992 with almost 200k miles on it. its all original looks great and runs great after second gear. the transmission is getting worn out, its skipping on second .. and a little difficulty making it go when its completely stopped.. takes a second or 2 for it to kick in . do you guys think i should just take it apart and fix those (the other ones are working nice) or should i just buy a new transmission for it, which would be better , what is going to cost more?

5

Asked by Jul 12, 2012 at 06:49 PM about the 1992 Subaru SVX 2 Dr LS AWD Coupe

Subaru svx lsi 1992. 197k miles. all original.

355

I would check subaru forums online and see if its a common problem, could be fluid levels or something else.