learn more about the SVX --

Asked by Aug 26, 2011 at 09:14 PM about the 1993 Subaru SVX 2 Dr 25th Anniversary AWD Coupe

I bought my SVX last week -- it only has 102,000 miles on it and seems to run quite strong.  The power steering is hard / stiff and I think the pump may not be working properly.  Is there a replacement impeller, or whatever Subaru calls the pump itself, available for a rebuild?  There's a whine in the rear of the car between 50 (ish) MPH and gone by 70 MPH -- I think this is probably a wheel bearing but would like to hear from those who know about these cars than I do.  I'm just getting started but hope to learn about and restore this car.   The drivers side seat belt isn't working and neither is the cruise control.  Cruise is probably a fuse but I don't know where to look for it.  The seat belt issue is either the motor or maybe just off the track.  Not sure and would welcome hearing about others experiences.

Thanks
                                                                   Dan

PS:  the colors say to me that mine is a 25th  Anniversary Car but I'll need to check the Vin. #  and do more research to be sure.

135

Pump problem may be a bad drive belt . replace it even if it looks good. also the "o" ring may have gone bad a $2.00 replacement . Whine in rear my be bearing I have never heard what a bad one sounds like