Hello, I have a 92 Subaru svx auto that cuts off when put into drive, any ideas?

Asked by Oct 16, 2012 at 06:46 PM about the 1992 Subaru SVX 2 Dr LS AWD Coupe

I was doing some trouble shooting on my car that I just bought and found a plug undone on top of the trans, when I
plugged it in and put it in drive it cuts off. But when I unplug it it starts off in either 3rd or 4th gear. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks

the trans tcc senors bad. car runs fine and shifts fine when unplugged, the tcc is to help with gas mileage. tcc stands for trans control circuit.