My 1998 Pontiac Transport the doors & lights keep clicking on and off for hours

Asked by Jul 21, 2015 at 12:51 PM about the 1998 Pontiac Trans Sport 4 Dr Montana Passenger Van Extended

Lately I have been having problems locking my car doors with the FOB key.  I cleaned
the plates on the door without luck.  Now all during the day and night the cars lights and
door locks keep clicking on and off.

Pontiac made really good cars in the 60! Trouble is, many years passed and they are no defunct as of 2009. One has to wonder how that came to be and when you look at the quality control of cars from GM vs. Asian car manufacturers, it doesn't take a lot to determine that the domestic cars have gone seriously downhill. I used to have an Oldsmobile and while it was a little better than most, it was a bland performer and very uncomfortable to drive and handling was mediocre. Since switching to Asian cars, my experiences improved exponentially. Hey, your car is a 1998, its 2015 now, it's times to consider replacement, don't you think? Look at a Toyota, Honda or Subaru and you won't have these nagging problems and shoddy workmanship. Besides, your car is an orphan now. Good luck.

That was the 1960s.