Mirror portion of side mirror popped off? Any easy fixes?

Asked by Nov 26, 2012 at 06:06 PM about the 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP

My passenger mirror popped off (just the mirror portion, not the whole unit) is there any easy fixes to this or am I gonna get screwed and need a whole new unit?

3,825

Hello Sfbbunch, Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately , I am not a certified mechanic and can not diagnose or provide a fix only suggestions. You should contact your GM dealership, which is your best resource, to inquire about the part(s) for the mirror. Most likely they will have the part in stock or will be able to order for you. Good luck! Vanessa GM Customer Service

765

wtf kinda answer was that, y even bother commenting if u cant give any good advise, let the pros handle this, the mirror will pop off its held in place with a round piece of plastic thats pressed into a holster on the actual mirror base (that hangs off the side of car) if it fell off chances r that the plastic has weakened over year and just wont hold anymore, u can go to gm (and pay and arm and a leg possibly even ur first born child) and get just the mirror portion or hunt a scrap yard for a mirror most times ur like 50-100 bux for a color matched mirror most places will cut u a deal if u go take it out. if not an aftermarket supply company or ebay style website is ur best option i perfer the sscrap yard way usually local and easier to return or exchange if theres an issue (say the heated portion doesnt work or something)

96,945

$30 on ebay for a new mirror - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Right- Powered-Side-Door-Mirror-For-3-8-5-3-GAS-/290773320718? pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b370c40e&vxp=mtr

90

glass replacements are available autozone and advance auto parts have them

33,635

Chris get used to Vanessa commenting on any GM related question about vehicles that are 10 or less years old with the exact same automated response. Its always her telling you to send your vehicles VIN, all your personal info, and mileage so she can look for recalls. All it is is her way of getting more emails to send junk mail to.