I replaced cv joint on my 06 grand prix. It still makes popping sound when taking off. Is there a bearing inside the tranny that can be the cause and easily replaced without pulling tranny?

20

Asked by Jan 31, 2012 at 10:47 PM about the 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

Details are in the question.

sounds like a wheel bearing. This can make a popping noise when you accelerate or hit a bump as you pull in to a driveway with a slight curb. It may not have an audible noise as you drive. Typically they will hum whem they get bad. Another posibility would be the ball joint. It too can cause the popping noise as you acc. as it is lifting the weight off of the fronyt end giving the ball joint room to move, it is spring loaded, hence the popping noise. Hope this helps.

it is very easy o check either one of those possibilitys if you have floor jack jack the side u hear the noice from up just enough to get a pry bar under your tires when this point is reched pull up on prybar it will tell you if it a ball joint drive the car make verious turns see if it pops when u put alot of weight on one side if it does that it is a hub bearing

20

Thanks for the answers but I found the problem. It was my bottom motor mount. It was allowing my engine to tork too much and causing the problem. I was relieved it wasnt tranny or bearing issues. It drives like new again.