Heater not getting hot in my 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Supercharger

Asked by Oct 16, 2014 at 05:15 PM about the 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

I have a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix and my heat does not get hot. It blows good but only
ever gets luke warm even when the car is warmed up. I was told that the way Pontiac
runs their vents the air has too much time to cool off before entering the cabin. I find it
very hard to believe that a major car company would produce a vehicle without
sufficient heat. I was told to start by flushing my radiator and putting new coolants in,
then change the thermostat, and lastly back flush the heater core. Does this seem to be
the right place to start?

19,650

That is not how Pontiacs run, trust me on that! I would start by checking the radiator and over flow tank. Are they full? If not fill them and be looking for a leak. If the anti-freeze is full then check to make sure the blend door is closing all the way. If it's working fine then move on to a thermostat. If that is ok the heater core may be plugged. I assure you that Pontiacs build plenty of heat.

4,075

Agree. Check your coolant level first. Mine has a bit of a leak and I need to add a gallon a couple of times a year. I know when its time to add when my heater starts to get weak.