ok i have a 04 grand prix gt non supercharged. and all of a sudden today it started doing some crazy shit.. while driving the display that tells you if your tire pressure is low and stuff like that. it starts dinging and starts saying that check charging system, abs, temp, and so on and it dings the whole time. then it shuts off and comes back on.. while that is going on all the gauges in the dash stop working and fall to 0.. and they wont work again until you shut the car off and turn it back on.. and went to the parts house and had them test the battery and alternator and they say that its reading just fine.. anyone have any ideas or had the same problem????

Asked by Sep 22, 2015 at 10:20 PM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT1

ok i have a 04 grand prix gt non supercharged. and all of a sudden today it
started doing some crazy shit.. while driving the display that tells you if your
tire pressure is low and stuff like that. it starts dinging and starts saying that
check charging system, abs, temp, and so on and it dings the whole time.
then it shuts off and comes back on.. while that is going on all the gauges
in the dash stop working and fall to 0.. and they wont work again until you
shut the car off and turn it back on.. and went to the parts house and had
them test the battery and alternator and they say that its reading just fine..
anyone have any ideas or had the same problem????

135

sounds like your cpu in the car might be failing, giving bad readings causing the car to do all that crazy stuff. Its probably not a mechanical problem so you shouldn't have to worry about that but the car gauges falling to 0 and will not give a reading could lead to problems later including transmission problems. I would definitely take the car to a gm dealer unfortunately to test the cpu. They will be able to tell you more then me and maybe find the problem if its not the cpu.

4,675

Possibly a loose electrical connection at the main CPU plug? Has any work been done recently on the car?