Plastic connector on the abs wire came off exposing the wires. Is they way to fix this or would be easier just to get a new wire?

325

Asked by Feb 05, 2016 at 08:57 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

69,505

You should get a new plugin, connector, they do make them.

325

How easy it to change

65,905

Yes, it's called a pigtail. It's not hard to change. You'll need a few butt connectors, a crimping tool, and some heat shrink tubing. All available at your local auto parts store. HTH. -Jim

69,505

It should be easy enough, but I did some checking and all I can find is the hole cable assembly. There must be a reason like they probably don't want you to be spicing into that wire. You can check it out here....http://www.carid.com/2001-pontiac-grand-prix-brake-parts/acdelco-original-equipment-electronic-brake-control-wiring-harness-69589238.html

69,505

Hey there Js0816...

325

If I connected the 2 wires together would my abs work or could that messed up the system? I don't have abs or tc right now and I got snow coming my way next week. The car sucks in the snow

65,905

Hey there Rowefast, very good point! On some systems resistance on the wires is important so splicing into them might not fix it! Twest98, don't connect the wires together! That won't give you the ABS or Traction Control system back. That will throw another ABS code because the computer will think that the sensor is shorted. The ABS and Traction Control systems work together. So if a problem is detected in one system, both are disabled until it's fixed. HTH. -Jim

325

Well I found pif tails with the plug on them to replace the old one. I'd rather spend the $15 trying that first instead of $34 dollars for a while new wire

69,505

Thanks for the back-up, I didn't know how to answer his last question. I figured there be a good reason.