How do you get the Check Tire Pressure Warning Light to go off a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix. We just put new tires on the rear. The pressure is fine. We just need to know how to clear the code. Any Idea's?Thank you

50

Asked by Feb 20, 2013 at 09:53 PM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT1

Clearing a code for a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix. Tire pressure light warning.

97,115

Try this - http://www.ehow.com/how_6436915_reset-tire-sensors-gm-cars.html

I question the necessity of this added complexity- using a tire guage worked for decades and still does. Guess this system might be needed where the weather is always wet or icy...luxury...if it works properly-

20,325

try the spare , unhook bat + on some cars depending how its set up in control unit this works

50

I agree with you Bob. My husband is a mechanic so my tires are checked all the time. However I got new tires and now we have this code that is driving me crazy. We do not have a owners manual but we bought it used and there wasn't any. Thanks tenspeed and Jimmy we will try what you two recommended.

If you (Woody) need an owners manual, there is high possibility that I can get you one, but in order to send it to you, you will need to PM me with an email address so I can send it to you as it is in PDF form and generally speaking there is a reset button in most GM's or just driving after putting in the proper air pressure resets it. Again generally speaking the TPM only will go off when the tire that is low 15lbs under the others causing the PCM to notice that one tires rotation is less than the others. So filling the tire and driving it will now, ON some vehicles tell the PCM they are all normal and turn the TPM off. It depends on the vehicle, GM does keep most of the basic platform features the same.

Bye the way I forgot to mention that often the TPM reset is in the fuse box on some GM's and is a small red button that you push to reset the monitor.