I have a 2000 grand prix that i got a couple months ago and recently i noticed that it had a boost meter near where it tells me my average miles per gallon, It is not lit though like everything else, I was just wondering what i had to do to get it working again

Asked by Apr 20, 2015 at 09:33 PM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

i dont know much about cars i was just looking at putting some money into my car, and
was curious about the boost aspect

The boost meter lights up from left to right depending on how much boost is being provided to the engine. The best way to check if it works is to get on a clear piece of road, stop the car and hit the gas aggressively. The boost gage will move left to right with small did it all squares as you accelerate. If it does not do this then it's not working. Under normal driving it will be blank.

The boost meter is only for the supercharged gtp model if you have a gt naturally aspirated 3800 the boost meter shows up in the back ground of the driver information center so they could use the same information center for all of the grand prix trims. you would have to but a supercharger on and sensors in the engine then rewire the whole driver information center to get the boost to light up, but even then it might not work correctly because it wasn't wired for it form the factory.

Thank you for correcting me Sean. I missed that they had a GT and not a GTP. I hate when I don't pay close attention and give bad info.