Does the 2002 gt only have one computer? Seen that they list a couple modules?

Asked by Jun 25, 2015 at 04:56 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT

Think the person who replaced my thermostat shorted out some of my sensors.  I have
twice as many codes showing up now. And another shop says it sounds like its the

The computer that controls the engine and turns on the service engine soon light if there's a problem is called the PCM (Powertrain Control Module). There are other computers in the car that have nothing to do with running the engine. Such as the anti-lock brake system (ABS) computer and the airbag system (SRS) computer. HTH. -Jim

When I had my car repaired after a lady hit me at a stop light 3 years ago, the SRS light intermittently turned on. It stayed off for about a year and then, without any cause returned several months ago. Is there any way to fix it without a lot of cost? Also, my ABS light turned on a couple of days ago but is now off. Any suggestions or do you think it is fine. And my starter module is now causing me issues. I have a 2000 SC Pontiac Grand Prix.

I have intermittent issues with my key sticking in the ignition as well. If I could afford a new car; I would get one. When it rains it pours.