I have a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT it will not start. When u turn the key the starter doesnt receive any power. The radio plays and the trunk door keeps popping open but the starter never cranks. I

Asked by May 20, 2015 at 01:11 AM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT

I've had the battery starter and alternator
checked out at AutoZone  th err y are all
fine.

66,105

Sounds like a BCM (Body Control Module) or security system problem. When you turn the key to start a "starter request signal" is sent to the BCM. If the anti-theft module recognizes the key, the BCM engages the starter to crank the engine. HTH. -Jim