I have a 2001 pontiac grand am v6 3200. I took it to a mechanic to fix because the car wouldn't start. It had something to do with the fuel system. He said he fixed it. Now, when I accelerate it stalls and shakes until I get to a speed and maintain it. I don't want to take it back to him and have him charge me even more for a job he wad already supposed to have done. When I start it, it takes a minute for it to even start. What do you think the problem could be? Just so I can get a ball park range of what it will cost.

Asked by Oct 05, 2012 at 10:52 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE Coupe

222,995

If you paid him to fix it and it was working fine when you left, he should be good about the repair and fix it on his dime since you paid already. But it sounds like it might be ignition related. Throttle Postion sensor?

1,375

Definitely take it back to him -- It may still cost you for another problem, but at least he won't have to start from scratch on figuring out your car. He doesnt want you to be unhappy with his work, and may charge you less than a different shop, since it will be at least in part, comeback work. If he seems to not be getting it after 2 or 3 tries, then I'd find another shop.

2,815

he might have changed the fuel pumop, but if he didnt change the filter with it its was a waste of time