WHAT WOULD MAKE MY SERVICE VEHICLE SOON LIGHT COME ON

Asked by Feb 12, 2007 at 05:23 PM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 Coupe

MY SERVICE VEHICLE SOON LIGHT CAME ON AND IS STILL ON BUT THE VEHICLE IS RUNNING FINE. WHAT COULD BE WRONG THAT MADE THE LIGHT COME ON?

16,985

Hello, In my car, the service vehicle light comes on at pre-set intervals. These indicate that it is time for you to take the car in to the mechanic for routine maintenance. (Which is always a good idea, or else the light may come on for something bad sometime soon!) Best of luck! CarGrrl

195

Hello, On the Grand Am this typically means something is physically wrong with the vehicle not necessarily the engine. The car has two "check engine" type lights - SVS and SES (Service Vehicle Soon / Service Engine Soon). If you're getting the SVS, I would check all your lights as this is the most common issue. If all the lights are working are there any other lights on such as TRAC OFF or ABS? If either of these systems are having issues the SVS light will come on as well. You can try and take the car to Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts (or those type of car part stores in general) and have a Free reading. Some SVS Codes are readable by them and some are only readable by a dealership or shop with a TechII type tool.

92,375

It's either a blown headlight bulb or the gas cap is loose.

7,480

Most of my experience has been oxygen sensor ///About $20 bucks on Ebay

10

All my lights are fine inside and outside of my SUV. My service vehicle soon light comes on and then goes off. Just depends which time it decides to appear. Will this ruin my inspection?

10

The service vehicle soon Warning Light is on your instrument cluster. It illuminates whenever your vehicle detects an issue or problem that requires professional service or maintenance. If the service vehicle soon Warning Light comes on, then you should get your vehicle inspected immediately. Tip Like all warning lights, the service vehicle soon Warning Light will illuminate when the ignition is turned on but the engine is not yet running. You should only be concerned with the service vehicle soon Warning Light if it stays lit after the engine has been turned on.