1999 Grand am 3.4 v6 Starts and then dies immediately (need help))

Asked by Aug 01, 2016 at 06:16 PM about the 1999 Pontiac Grand Am 2 Dr GT Coupe

I have a 99 grand am and my car starts ands runs for a second or 2 and
dies out.. Ive replaced the Crank sensor, also the ignition coil module, My
fuel pump does turn on and does seem to be working since I was able to
test foor fuel pressure with a result of 42 psi, my security system is already
bypassed, and stepping on my accelerator does not make a difference
when starting the car. I also have spark I figured because i replaced the
whole ICM and the car starts. I am just lost at this moment any help would
be really appreciated

92,525

Still sounds like the security system is active to me. Will it stay running if you try spraying some starting fluid in the intake just before it dies out? If it does then recheck fuel pressure and flow, If not then check to see if you still have spark just after is quits. If you have spark then check for injector pulse if no pulse then the ECM is shutting it down due to security concerns.

Spraying starting fluid did not help me still same issue, and I checked fuel pressure 3 times and it seem to 42 psi which is normal, but before all of this even happened, I put in a new engine and I had it running without doing any security procedure and it ran for 30 mins and I was doing the process of bleeding coolant... While bleeding coolant the car just shut off and it wouldn't start any more it would just crank but not start as if it wasn't getting any spark , I found that the wire going from my crank sensor to my icm and it seemed burnt so I replaced the crank sensor and icm and also the wire connecting both, and now my car starts and shuts off after 2 seconds.. In other words I really don't think this would be an security issue since I had the car running before with out the procedure and have the system disabled, but I do notice a solid security light, it's not blinking at all

92,525

Have you tried disconnecting a battery cable and allow the system to reset after all of your repairs? If not give that a try. Remember it could rearm the security system.

Yeaa I tried that method , but the thing is that the security procedure will only work if my security light is blinking , but it's not it's a solid security light

Any suggestions?

Possibly the ignition switch. The sad thing is, it's really easy to replace in a 1978 ford, but it might get complicated with the security system that exists in your pontiac. Can only suggest the cause at this point, sorry can't help further.