how do i take the rear brake drum off? Car is leaking brake fluid and I need to see where it is ming from?

Asked by Apr 07, 2011 at 11:21 AM about the 1994 Pontiac Grand Am 2 Dr GT Coupe

I've got the tire off, but the drum seems to stuck.  I've tried beating on it with a
hammer.

45

you need to losen the shoes with a brake tool to do that look at the back side of hub at the bottom thare is a slit may have a mud plug thare remove it see if you see a wheel with teeath thats where you back off the shoes.you may can use a flathead screw driver

you aren't using a big enough hammer. Try a 12 pound sledge. There is usually a ridge on the drum preventing it from passing over the shoes. Make sure that your e-brake isn't applied. Be prepared to replace the springs that hold the brakes in place because your shoes may come off in the process. Only dismantle one side at a time.... You may need the other side as a reference for reassembling the first side.