1995 Olds cutlass suprm runs great and smooth but wants to cut out and die when going around curve,usualy starts back up but seems to be getting worse... Could it be one of the 2 crank sensors??

10

Asked by Nov 02, 2014 at 09:34 PM about the 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 Dr S Sedan

3.1 Ltr 1995 Olds cutlass supme

11,170

lots of things can do this. could be something electrical being affected when the force of the turn hits it, a wire rubbing somewhere, yes it could be a crank sensor wire, also, check for vacuum leaks and test fuel pressure to see if it is within specs.

Best Answer
10

It has sit for bout a year so i guess a damn mouse could have chewed a wire but it started doing it every once an awhile but now sputters and dies alot now

60

Check the crank sensor ac voltage output and resistance. The 3x or 7x is this sensor. A two wire connector leads to this sensor. The connector is located on the back side of the icm module, it contains a purple and yellow wire. Put your multimete on ac volts, does not matter which lead of the meter, goes on which sensor lead. Crank the engine over. 5. The multimeter's AC reading should fluctuate from .3 V AC to 1.0 V AC continuously as the engine is cranking (the maximum AC voltage attained will depend on the temperature of the engine, oil viscosity and battery charge condition). Connect the test leads of the multimeter to either of the two wires (the polarity of the multimeter's test leads don't matter on this test.) The multimeter's Ohms reading should read 500 to 900 Ohms