I have a 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme convertible ...

25

Asked by Feb 11, 2012 at 07:07 PM about the 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2 Dr STD Convertible

I have a 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme convertible and my battery is draining to
dead overnight and I can't find the apparent reason why, any suggestions ?

135

my thought is you alternator has a stuck relay and then that can drain you batery try to disconect the bat over night and see if it is still dead in the morning and if it is not then you know to look another cause it could just be a bad battery well good luck

20

I had the same problem with my 88 cutlass supreme....i found that the antenna motor was disconnected from the actual antenna causing it to never stop spinning, which would later kill my battery. This happens when the antenna is pulled up from its original position causing it to disconnect from the motor.

1,295

to check for parasitic draw, disconnect the ground cable from battery and hook up a test light or a meter set up to read amperage. Once you have it hooked up begin to pull fuses. One at a time. You will see a drop in amps or a dimmer light when you pull the fuse which is drawing the power from battery. Once you figure out which ciircuit is drawing the power you can isolate each seperate circuit. Wiring diagrams will be helpful once you get to that point. Good luck