My 1998 Lincoln Town Car had a new intake put on about a year ago. Now there is oil leaking from the back of both heads and there is blue smoke coming from the exhaust. Is this something to be worried about?

Asked by Jan 02, 2015 at 08:04 PM about the 1998 Lincoln Town Car Signature

I'd say so--But depends on how much oil and smoke you are talking about..a few drops and a wisp of smoke..or lots of oil and a large amount of smoke? And are you sure it coming from the heads gasket ..not valve cover(s).or what? And be careful; oil on an exhaust manifold can ignite..not as easily as ATF but still..

Well to answer you yes. it's something to be concerned with. I still don't get exactly what they mean..the oil is not coming right out of the head itself.. unless both are badly cracked....either the gasket. or those heads may have freeze plugs. Or back to valve cover. He probably didn't put a lot of effort in to trying to find the source and just said that. If it's not billowing smoke so bad you can get pulled over, just keep oil in it and you can drive it. But this is something that's only going to get worse.

OR...I's coming from intake manifold and running down..

Thanks. I really appreciate that. I will get it checked out!!!