91 towncar

25

Asked by Jan 05, 2011 at 02:24 PM about the 1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature

on my 91 towncar when i hit a bump or go over a speed bump at a slow speed it has the
creeking-squeaking noise down around the front wheels. any help??

750

I have the same problem regularly. I have 9 town cars on my fleet and they go every 100-150,000 miles. It is most likely the lower control arm bushings. You can buy the bushings seperately but you need a press to remove and replace them. Not the easiest of jobs. Bushings are aobut $50.

25

thanks man....yeah im replacing alot of things on the car....i took off the egr today and wow....its the worst one ive seen with carbon build up....i couldnt figure out how to get the fan gaurd off to loosen the belt so i had this 10 sec rampage and i just busted it to shit and back...haha...ohh well....i can get to it now.....

750

My oldest is a 2000, and the belt tensioner just takes a 1/2 or 3/8 inch drive and it's not hard to get the tool in there. I guess the 1991 is different....is it tightened with a pry bar and nut and bolt on the alternator or ????

well when my 2000 lincoln did that this year one by one the lower ball joints broke fun fun!! guess i should of listened to the squeaks...oh but now its just all the electrical stuff going crazy...preety car but a pain in the a--.

10

BALL JOINTS ARE DRY-DON'T GREASE--REPLACE