1997 lincoln markVIII lsc may have connected battery cables to wrong post. car will not start or click when turning ignition
my other half was changing oil, filter, etc. basic tune up. well, for some reason he disconnected the battery. he
started to connect the cables to the battery and i heard the POP, CRAKLE, POP... he put the +positive cable on
the -neg post and the -neg cable on the +post. all the interior lights, seats, etc work. it's just when we turn the
ignition to start, it does not start. not even a click. please throw out as many suggestions as possible. im 7
months pregnant, on a serious tight budget, and can not afford to go to a mechanic. i can't be without a car at
this point in my pregnancy. thanks to all who take the time to respond...
Since you have lights, first pull the fuse panel and see if you blew any fuses Then look at the starter, I figure maybe that got fired. Worst case other electronic equipment is burnt, like the irnition system, computer, alternator, wiring harness, etc. and will need to be replaced. Sorry, but maybe you can get a friend to look at it.
Search Lincoln Mark VIII Questions
Are you a UK consumer? CarGurus now has a discussion forum in the UK.
Lincoln Mark VIII Experts