2005 audi a6 abs,brake,esp lights

Asked by Mar 16, 2014 at 08:10 PM about the 2005 Audi A6 3.2 Quattro

okay so few weeks ago my abs,brake,esp, brake fault warning lights came on and the
whole rear left lights went out. i changed the bulb and everything checked the fuse and
wires everything was fine. i took it to my mechanic and he said it might be the abs
module, we took out the module and had it repaired. today after replacing the module
with the new and improved one all the warning light went away. i drove the car from the
mechanic to the gas station. parked the car and turned it back on the light came on.
the picture above is the picture of what came on when i turned it on. my question here
is has anybody ever had this problem and can you guys help me.We checked the code
and these are the codes that came up, 1418,1200,1201,1435,0265. when we cleared it
1200,1435 and 0265 came right back on. I REALLY NEED HELP. im trying my best
not to take it to the dealers!! PLEASEEEE HELp this is a 2005 Audi a6 3.0 quarto.
(hint: the light actually works fine untill the warning lights come back on)

2,535

P1418 Faulty Fuel Level Sensor - Fuel Level Sensor harness is open or shorted - Fuel Level Sensor circuit poor electrical connection P1201 - Faulty Fuel Injector #1 - Fuel Injector #1 harness is open or shorted - Fuel Injector #1 circuit poor electrical connection P0265 - Dirty Fuel Injector 2 - Faulty Fuel Injector 2 - Plugged Fuel Injector 2 - Fuel injector 2 harness is open or shorted - Fuel injector 2 circuit poor electrical connection Personally I would put Seafoam through it and see if it helps. Usually Injectors need to be cleaned. Also, check your injector wiring for and pinched or frayed wires. I would then check the fuel pressure and if it is low then I would put a new fuel filter because it is still cheaper than a Fuel Pump.

40

Woah! I have the exact same probelm! (audi a6 2005 3.0 quattro) not similar but identical problem please tell me if you have been able to resolve the problem idk what to do, alreadly replaced the mod, and the bulb, even got a new battery idk what it is...

40

edit: sorry I meant 3.2 quattro

120

I have the same problem. ESP, ABS and Parking Brake malfunction. When I went to pull the codes with a reader, nothing came up. I also checked the Enhanced DTC, and nothing there either. The parking brake does work fine. What could this mean? I have heard of reprogramming the main computer using Ross-Tech software. Could this be it?

10

Is big problem I have the same problem in my Audi. Please help us

25

there might be an animal (possibly rat of cock roach in the main bulb unit sucking all the electricity from the bulb)...try and kill the rat and the brake light will work just fine(had the same problem, after i killed the rat it worked fine)..hope this helps guys...

40

I have the same problem. ESP, ABS and Parking Brake malfunction. (Same as JTPAudi) I'm going to the dealer next week I'll be back for updates..

10

I have the same problem, in 1 servis he say me is the ABS Pump.

45

what was the issue with this? i have the same problem. any help would be appreciated

120

For me it was the ABS module. I would recommend having a tech put a computer on the car to find the answer for you as it can be any number of things. They will be able to specifically tell you what the issue is.

120

I had my ABS module replaced and the wire harness for the fuel sender unit replaced, and shortly after I keep getting (intermittently) the rear brake, and signal light inop - like you have above. I thought this was a different issue, but maybe its related to the fuel harness being worked on.

5

I had a similar problem and got my ABS unit replaced. JTPAudi, I have the same problem where the rear right brake and signal light give an error sometimes. Do you why that is happening?

10

I have an A6 which had the ABS come on from time to time. When it came on the low oil pressure light and the low windshield washer fluid level also came on but there was no oil pressure or fluid problem. It could be that when the ABS light comes on several other warnings also come up. The fault is in the circuit board of the ABS unit. The solder on the circuit board needs re-doing. Mine cost me about $250 in New Zealand but I saw a guy in the US advertising the repair for about US$150. I found a youtube video on how to take it out and send away but it looked a bit technical so I just took it to an auto electrician and told him what the fault was and he did it all.