1991 Tempo headlight chime

Asked by Jul 27, 2011 at 10:48 AM about the 1991 Ford Tempo 4 Dr GL Sedan

How do you get to the headlight chime under the dash to replace it? I can see it
and feel it but can't get too it to change it.

you should be able to drop the plastic section under steering wheel to gain acc,youshould see about 2 to 4 small black bolts,remove cover should drop down.

just drop the cover under the steering collum,eather 2 or 4 bolts,pull off has clips on it,when reinstalling put the clips in holes for them replace bolts.

I dropped the plastic under the steering column and all I saw was sheet metal that the plastic was covering. I will check to see if the sheet metal is screwed on. Thanks

yes the metal plate will drop also.