89 ford tempo front seat

Asked by Apr 14, 2011 at 09:33 PM about the 1989 Ford Tempo

I have an 89 ford tempo, but my drivers seat snapped at the hinge and no longer stays upright or in place. I found a cheap 92 ford tempo "for parts" and was wondering if 89 and 93 tempo seats are pretty much the same? could i use a different year tempo seat to replace the one in my 89?

Yes it will work.

I had a Mercury Topaz (basically the same car) that had the exact same problem. I when to the auto wrecker and I didn't like any of the front driver's seats they had. These seats have a tendency to lean back too far and for a guy like me that really bugs my shoulders. So, what could I do? The solution was easy and simple. I took a a passenger seat and bolted it into the driver's side. It was firm, upright and worked great. The only draw back was the adjuster was on the parking brake side . However, the adjuster was very easy to use despite where it was. I have also wondered what seats from other fords would work. I think you would have to look at what other cars shared the same part number/numbers for for seat rails etc.