ford tempo 1989

Asked by May 26, 2007 at 02:45 PM about the 1989 Ford Tempo

I have a 1989 tempo. When it is cold outside the fan heater control and the signal lights do not work. After a while of driving, the car warms up then they will both start to work again. Why is that doing that? Any one have any solutions?

20,830

Hi psjm! My guess would be condensation on either the fuses or relays. Or it could be an iffy connection that separates when cold. That's a tough problem to track down though and where there are two different functions involved that seems unlikely. Try a call to your local Ford service manager. This may be a common problem to this model year. Good luck!