My radiator fan was plugged into a fuse
I have a 97 Grand Caravan and i noticed something burning under the
hood, I checked and the wiring that runs from the radiator fans to ?
SOMEWHERE ELSE? was plugged directly into the fusebox. Someone who
had the car before me I guess shortcutted it instead of running it correctly.
But the wire was wrapped around the airbag 1 fuse and plugged into the
fusebox. I guess the fuse went out and it fried the wire to the radiator fan
melting off the rubber outside casing of the wire. So what do I do here
Many cars use a protected lead that runs directly to the fans via a "fuseable link". Is it possible a previous owner may have blown the link and dead wired the lead directly to the positive battery terminal?
The guy before had an overheat issue in the Jeep so he decided to wire the fan directly ON AT ALL TIMES to prevent the overheating issue NOT GOOD I say the draw of current was to great a demand on the gauge of wire used and melted I don't believe the Airbag fuse generated heat and melted that ambush wire! get the wiring diagram and repair the circuit or have it done. then check out why it was over heating? Just a suggestion
It was wired directly to the positive terminal. What caused it to overheat like that?
Looking for a Used Grand Caravan in your area?
CarGurus has 25,122 nationwide Grand Caravan listings starting at $2,000.
Search Dodge Grand Caravan Questions
Dodge Grand Caravan Experts
Related Models For Sale
Used Cars For Sale