2005 PT Cruiser.....oil light coming on, oil is full, was running just fine day before yesterday

Asked by Jan 17, 2015 at 01:34 PM about the 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base

.it has been stalling out when I try to go from standing stop with clutch in or in neutral,  
to a braked stop in first gear (to get out of my driveway),  so in this very very cold
weather -- 10 degrees F during the day,  0 at night -  I have been warming it up for a
while first, which seems to make that go away.  Yesterday though I forgot i was
warming it up and it sat and idled for about three hours.  Today when I started it the oil
light came on.  Checked oil,  it's up to the top, but a little dirty,  considering I just had
it changed two and a half weeks ago.  Anything I can do short of having it towed??

4,555

with it running take the oil cap off and with a flash light look in the valve cover give it some gas at the throttle body....you should have quite a bit oil splashing around if you don't then shut it down and have it towed( engine would tick loudly as well) if you do then you will most likely you have a bad sending unit for the oil pressure light .....also it sounds like your throttle body needs to be cleaned and the Idle air control motor as well and the value reset ...when the throttle body gets dirty it blocks air from getting at idle and the IAC can't adjust

Thank you, Moparjohn, will do! I'm betting on dirt in the throttle body....