my odometer led lights are not woking anymore how do i replace them

Asked by Sep 18, 2014 at 08:39 PM about the 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT

my odometer led lights are not working in my cruiser but all the dash lights work how can i fix this problem

Unfortunately the instrument cluster will most likely need to be replaced. However if it's backlit you may be able to replace the bulb that's behind the display. HTH. - Jim

Hello jim thank you for your answer but it's not the back lights it's actually the led lights in the odometer and the p-r-n-1-2 lights also. so it sounds like i will have to get a new cluster rob

You're welcome. Glad to help. The radio display of my 2000 Grand Prix is LCD. How it works, I found out, is there's a tiny light behind the display that comes on to illuminate the numbers for the clock and station setting. It's called a "backlight". That's what I was referring to. The odometer on my '08 Mercury is different. It's more like a neon type of display. If that goes the cluster definitely has to be replaced. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer Mark helpful

Didn't have a picture of the Mercury odometer. That's my '03 Chevy S-10 pick up. If you have that type and it's out then, yes, the cluster must be replaced. HTH. -Jim

Take a look at this installation guide Cluster-Dashboard-Lights-Installation-DIY-Guide-a/204.htm